with mornings still and fresh
like crispy apples
with days warmer and longer
my garden is budding and blossoming with new life
the beautiful arum lilies below
is called 'varkore' in the Afrikaans-language
it literally means 'pig's ears'!
never skip your brain food
occasionally a B-I-G breakfast is fine
~ some men can really eat a huge meal each morning ~
and my sons will enjoy it too!!
|coffee, farmers sausages, eggs, tomato, toast and mealie meal pap(porridge)|
henk and i prefer something lighter
like muesli and yogurt
you can easily make your own granola
the granola recipe below
is from food-fundi suné niemand
treat your family or friends
& serve this with yogurt panacotta
do you want the recipe of the yogurt panacotta too?
1 kg Oats
300 g Macadamia Nuts
300 g Almonds
300 g Cashew Nuts
200 g Sunflower Seeds
100 g Poppy Seeds
100 g Pumpkin Seeds
100 g Linseeds
250 ml Coconut
300 ml Olive Oil
250 ml Orange Juice
1. Mix all the dry ingredients except for the cranberries in a bowl with the oil.
2. Reduce the orange juice, molasses and honey until it reach syrup consistency.
3. Pour the syrup over the raw granola and mix it through.
4. Transfer the granola onto sprayed baking trays and dry it out in the oven.
5. When the granola is dry, add the cranberries.
do you know the difference between granola and muesli?
- granola is usually coated
with some type of sugary substance or honey
- muesli is generally untoasted and often unsweetened
will add colour
to your breakfast table
|spun sugar is my culinary challenge for next year|
- this was made by suné -
add a bowl of fruit salad
our taste of spring!